Tuesday, February 21, 2012

In Memory of...


We received some sad news last week. My husbands grandmother passed away. She was 2 months away from being 100 years old. She lived a long and amazing life and we are all truly blessed to have had the amount of time we had with her, even though it never seems like enough. This is the first person my children were close to to pass away. Their reactions and some of the things they have said to me have really touched me. I'm not sure how they will handle the funeral, they don't really understand the idea of Great Grandma being there and that we get to say good-bye.

I'm sure the whole experience will bring up many questions and I'm just hoping I do a good job explaining things in a way that they can understand. I just hope I can live such a long and health life so that I can experience my family grow. She had a total of 4 children, 14 grand children and 23 great grandchildren.

We will all miss you Grandma.

7 comments:

  1. She was truly blessed to have had such a loving family, as we're you all to have been loved by a wonderful woman. You are all in my thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute..I'm sure you will find the right words to help the little ones
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. And I'm sure with the fact that you are keenly aware of the need to explain this part of life to your little ones that you'll do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss -thinking about you but lovely write up for her and a great photo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sympathies on your loss. What a blessing for all of you to have this wonderful woman in your lives for so many years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tribute - praying for comfort for you and all the family, and wisdom for you as you guide your kids through this new experience of loss.

    ReplyDelete