Friday, February 3, 2012

Round Up Time


It's been a busy month. I'm so glad for this round up because so many of these things would have easily slipped through my mind.

1. What types of media did I enjoy this month?

Read: Flat out Love (Jessica Park), Oxygen, Clean Eating
Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy (EL James), Providence, Requiem (Jamie McGuire)

Watched: Dan in Real Life, Roommates, Leap Year, Ghost Town

DH & Boys went to see Tin Tin

2. What did my kids do/learn this month?



Oldest: Guitar Learning Crazy Train; Playing Basketball
Middle: Piano –  This Old Man plus many others; Gymnastics
Youngest: Violin – Three Blind Mice and Mary Had a Little Lamb

3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends? 



Went to Georgia to help my sister with my Mom’s recovery from her brain surgery. My mom is doing great and it was so nice to visit with everyone. All the girls were home from school so we got to hang out and to “girlie” things.

Still playing soccer once a week with my friends.

Movie at School: Mr. Popper’s Penguins



Went to Blue Collar Comedy Concert with Ken and Jeremy & Dennis. Ate at Mitchel’s Fish Market – very delicious.

Had lunch with RHS friends at Panera



Went roller skating with my family.

4. What creative things have I done this month?

Took the following on-line classes:
Twelve Class: Finished 6 layouts
OLW: January prompt finished
Round up class
Finding Photo Flow



Also started my Illustration Fundamentals have done 10 perspective illustrations so far and Digital Illustration Class on assignment 5.

I'm also using my iPhone to capture a photo a day. I'm amazed that I actually have a photo for each day on January.  

For Christmas I received a 5 year journal. I've been good about writing one sentence a day, but I can tell it's going to be hard. I know the reward will be when I'm looking at it in a few years and can compare things, so I'm going to keep on trying.

5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?



CS5 Creative Suite
New Couch
New Carpet in Great Room

6.  What were my fitness/health accomplishments this month?

I didn’t start tracking my workouts until 1/12

Ran/Walk: 27.33 miles
Worked out: 3 soccer games

7. What were my accomplishments this month?

Getting 6 layouts done. This was an accomplishment even though I didn’t hit the 12 mark, because 6 is better then what I’ve been doing.

I've set up a backup plan, thanks to finding photo flow.
   
Goals for next month (in no particular order):

Have plan for working out
Get our budget set for the year
Convert my photo library from iphoto to Lightroom 

This idea is from Katie the Scrapbook lady.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Monica, it looks like you have been super busy this month! I just love this concept, it's such a great way to keep track of all the things you do :0)
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a busy month. So glad your mom is doing well. Wish I could have gone roller skating with you . . . it's one of the things about my family I want to scrapbook. My parents met at a skating rink.

    Way to go on getting 6 layouts completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about doing thse round ups for a long time. I copied & pasted the questions from Ali Edwards blog several months ago. You are inspiring me to maybe give it a try. It makes so much sense! Loved reading yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoy reading your roundup. Glad to hear our mum is doing well

    ReplyDelete