Friday, March 9, 2012

Four Seasons of Your Life.



Last month we lost my husbands Grandmother.  The funeral service that was held in her honor was amazing. She lived a long life, almost 100 years. The stories that people shared were just so her and the statistics that were shared about the wonderful things that have happened in the last 100 years were enlightening.  The one moment that I think everyone had tears in their eyes was when one of the Grandchildren went up and read a poem he wrote the night before. After the service, I told him how lovely the poem was and asked if I could have a copy. He was gracious enough to give me the copy he read from that day.

I knew I wanted to do something beautiful with this poem. I wanted to share it and hope that people will see the wonderful way his words make you feel. I've never been much of a writer, let alone a poet, but I do love the written word.

No comments:

Post a Comment