Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Love My New Living Room

Back in November of last year we started our living room remodel. We met with an interior design to help with some of the idea we had and then met with a carpenter to figure out the design of the cabinets we wanted. After getting an electrician, tile layer, window blind installer and painter involved, we finally have the living room finished.  (I still have to hang pictures)

I'm so in love with my new room. It's so comfortable and inviting. When I looked at the before and after photos it's hard to believe it's the same room.

So here is the before picture.  Very boring.  The TV was right in front of the window and you couldn't even get to them to open the blinds. My goal with the remodel was to get the TV away from the window and to make more room for my scrapbooks.  The small cabinet was full and I had stacks of albums in other rooms.



Here is what the room looks like from the same view.


Yes, it's the same room.  It's so amazing!!!  We had an amazing carpenter work with us to make all the wood cabinets. They are deep enough for all the TV equipment and my albums. I just love curling up in my chair with a good book and enjoy the comfort of my room.

Here's the view from the other direction.


As you can see we all love hanging out in this room now.  And I love the fact that I can get to the big window and let the sun shine in when I want to....which is often.

This is now my favorite place in the house. The boys are still getting use to the new rules but they are happy with it being done too.

4 comments:

  1. It looks lovely Monica. And I can totally see wanting to take advantage of all that natural light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful transformation Monica..the new cabinets look great AND functional!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, it's amazing. I bet you're still smiling

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GORGEOUS new room. You must be beaming! I wanted to stop by and say hello, and let you know that this week's sponsor at Word Art Wednesday is Fred She Said. I thought you might like to enter, and I would LOVE to see your beautiful work in our challenge. Hope you're havin a great week, and hope to see you at the challenge.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen L, Blog Owner
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete