Saturday, April 7, 2012

Round Up Time

We just got back from out of town, so sorry for the absence.  It is round up time and I didn't want to miss posting what I've done for the month. It's a great reminder for me when I need to look back. So here is what happened in March:


1. What types of media did I enjoy this month?

Watched: Crazy Stupid Love. The Vow. The Hunger Games

Listened: Paperclipping Round Table, the DigiShow, NPR Wait, Wait don’t tell me, Another Mother Runner.

Read: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. Dark Lover,Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened, Lover Revealed and Lover Awakened– J.R.Ward,  Before I go to Sleep – S.J. Watson. The Book of Awesome and the Picture History of Great Inventors.

2. What did my kids do/learn this month?

My oldest had last basketball game of season. They won 32-24.

My Second had try out for Music Festival. Received a score of 97 out of 100. He also moved up to the next level of his piano books.   Soccer practice began for his AYSO team. 

When telling my Youngest that Florida’s nickname is the sunshine state, her said “Sure it’s sunny in Florida but it would be better to call it the Disney State.”

3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

Played soccer once a week in over 30 women’s league.
Went out to dinner and a movie with Mom friends.
Went to breakfast with Sue and Janet.
Had a massage
Went to FACES Meeting – discussed food allergies and anxiety.
Leprechauns came for a visit.
Had dinner with my brothers and Aunt.
My friend Laura came over for a visit.
Went on a date night with DH. Saw the Hunger Games.

Went on family trip. Flew to Vegas to visit in-laws.  Went to Mac King Magic Show at Harrah’s.


Got taxes done (I don’t consider this fun but we had to do it)

4. What creative things have I done this month?

Created poster for the Art of Poster Design class, plus made some additional ones for me.
Worked on my Neon Clock assignment for school - finished.  Started my final cartoon in Illustrator – recreating Mickey Mouse.

Started doing free hand drawing in Fundamentals class.

Went on tour at Ringside Creative Studios. It was amazing to have a look around all the studios.

Made 3 scrapbook layouts.

5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Bought a gorilla pod for my SLR.  This will be very handing our hiking trips this year.

Had curtains installed in living room.  The redecoration is almost complete. I just need to hang some pictures on the wall.

6.  What were my fitness/health accomplishments this month?

Working on Rockin Body DVDs. Took some time off the DVDs because we had some unusually warm weather for this time of year, so I did a few outdoor runs.


Ran 7 miles


Had 4 Soccer Games.

Did March Mad Ad Challenge – Finished the Challenge.

7. What were my accomplishments this month?

Finishing my Neon Clock Assignment.
Finally feeling like I’m a good enough artist to be in the Media Arts program. This is a huge accomplishment, because my self doubt was a big factor holding me back.

8. What were my disappointments this month?

Our washing machine hose came loose from the sink and flooded our laundry room and part of our basement. Had to hire someone to come out to dry up the carpet and treat it so it doesn’t get moldy.

My Oldest pinched his finger and the blood blister got infected. Had to take him to Urgent care.

9. How did I do on my goals for the month?

I did great on the fitness goal even though I was sick a few days and had to miss a few days.

My morning routine is going really well.

I cleaned out my recipes in my binder and on delicious.

10. Anything else noteworthy to include?

Goals for April (in no particular order):

Start meal planning again.
Work on weekly overall routine.
Start the Turbo Fire workouts and start running a few days a week.

1 comment:

  1. I want to start meal planning this month, too. Sounds like you had a fun-filled & busy month!

    ReplyDelete