Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fitting in Fitness

I kept telling myself I need to get back on a regular workout schedule.  Last year around this time I did  the P90X workout for about 60 days. I felt great and I loved the results. But for the life of me, I can not figure out how I did an hour plus workout everyday. I seem to have so much going on that an hour just isn't working into a regular schedule.

I've been beating myself up over the last two weeks because I can not even get through a few days without my plan being side railed.

How did I do it before? Where did that time go? What....this is my perfectionist side talking! So what if I can not do an hour, what's wrong with a shorter time frame that I can and will stick too?  Nothing!



Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred [DVD]
So yesterday I started the Julian Michaels 30-day shred.  I've heard great things about this DVD and I loved that the workouts are only 20-minutes. I know I can workout for 20 minutes each day and the days I have more time I can work on my running again. Perfect for me.

I have to say I was surprise by how hard the workout was and how much I was sweating.  Wish me luck doing the 30 days!

What are your tricks for fitting in your daily exercise?

2 comments:

  1. good luck with this Monica! I hope to someday be physically strong enough again to even attempt something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you - you're my role model! Let me know what you think of that DVD. I've heard good things about it too. I have an elliptical that I try to force myself to get on but I have almost no motivation. My latest effort at fitness is to take the dog for a walk each evening (it's kind of a jog because she pulls me down the street) while the boys ride their bikes. Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete