Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May Celebration

Last week over at Jessica Sprague, they had their yearly May Celebration. This came at a perfect time. As you have probably noticed if you have been visiting my blog for awhile, I've been in a creative slump. I just couldn't get motivated to work on anything. I would find myself cleaning, sorting, tagging, but not creating.

The challenges really got my creative mojo flowing and I actually did 6 out of the 7 challenges. I was amazed. I usually don't finish challenges and the only reason I didn't do 7 out of 7 was I checked in on the first day too late.

The first challenge, actually Day 2, was a take two challenge.  Two photos to tell the story. I knew exactly what I wanted to document, out little bird nest.


Day 3 challenge was Off Center. Keeping everything off to the side. We had a wonderful template to work with and lucky for me because this is not my typical style of work.  I decided to use a photo I took of my mom after her brain surgery and I used the journaling I posted on the blog.


Day 4 Challenge was Again and Again.  Repeating something on the layout. Either a photo or element.  I repeated the frame, music and paint splats in this layout and I took a photo of each of my boys playing their instruments.


Day 5 was sorbet.  We were given a color palette and a few papers that matched the palette. I happen to have taken two of my boys for a hike that day and felt the colors would be wonderful for the summer photos.


 Day 6 was T-Ad Challenge (Template and Advertisement). We also had to document about ourselves. I really didn't know what to do, I haven't been taking many photos of myself lately, so I turned on photo booth on my mac and took a few goofy photos.


 Finally Day 7 was to Art Journal. This is new too me. I've never really did an art journal before and the idea of doing it digitally seems weird. (no offense) I just thought the point of art journaling was to be messy.  I did enjoy doing this page, but I think if I do any more art journaling I will do it either hybrid or just good old fashion paper and paint.


 So this was my creative explosion over the last week. I now have all kinds of ideas swimming in my head. I just hope I will find the time to get them on paper.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you got your mojo back! Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you created! So glad that you gave yourself time to scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great way to move out of that creative slump! Fantastic layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness your creative flair is really on a roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's what I call creativity! great LOs
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete