Thursday, May 3, 2012

Round Up Time

When I decided to start doing these round up posts I didn't realize how much I would like them.  Each week I will sit down at my computer and update the file I keep for the month. It always surprises me what I forget just in a week worth of time.

I would always wonder where my time went and looking at these round-ups, I now know where all the time goes. So here is how our crazy, busy month of April went.


1. What types of media did I enjoy this month?

Watched: Hunger Games, Sense & Sensibility (one of my favorite movies), the 5 year engagement.

Read: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Lover Enshrined, Lover Avenged and Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

2. What did my kids do/learn this month?

My oldest had to present this reenactment of what a Sail maker in Colonial times did.  He also received another award at school for Ownership (one of the 8 keys of excellence).

My middle son’s Soccer practice started up. His games started up too.  In swimming, he moved up to the next level

My youngest went to a friend’s birthday party.  He needs to get glasses for reading.  He has a weak muscle in his eye and this should help strengthen it.

My middle and youngest had last gymnastic class until the fall.
All the boys attended the Detroit Loins Youth Football Clinic at their school

All three boys started swimming lessons at GoldFish Swim School.  They loved it!

3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

From Vegas we drove to Zion and Bryce National Parks.

In Zion we hiked the Emerald Pools, Weeping Rock and Riverside Walk Trails.  Ken did the Hidden Canyon Trail instead of the Weeping Rock and Riverside. We also started the Canyon Overlook Trail but the drop offs and narrow path finally was too much for my fear of heights and we had to turn back.  This was almost 5 miles of trails.

In Bryce we did the Figure 8, which is listed as the most Strenuous Hike due to the multiple elevation changes. The highest point was 8.001 ft. and lowest was 1,631 ft. It was a total of 6.4 miles. It was a combination of the Queens Garden, Navajo Loop and Peekaboo Loop.

The boys did the Junior Ranger programs at both parks and got their official patches. 



 Went to Hoover Dam with the boys. Did tour and walked arcoss the dam.

Celebrated Easter at home.  No big dinner or brunch this year. Just something small and quiet.


Hubby and I had another date night. This time with some friends. We went to Sangria’s in Royal Oak with the Blanks and two other couples. We took a drive by my old house – it’s been about 13 years since I lived there and everything is so different.

Went to dinner and a movie (Hunger Games) with friends from the MOMs group.

Went to breakfast with some mom’s from school. It was so nice to get out and just relax for a few hours.

Went to brunch with friends from high school.

Took the boys to open swim.

Went on a second date with hubby. We went to dinner and a movie. Saw the 5 year engagement.


Celebrated Father in-laws 70th birthday. Went to dinner and then to our house for cake and ice cream.

4. What creative things have I done this month?

In my Illustration class we are working on freehand drawing and shading. These pictures are so much harder for me, but I’m really enjoying the process.


In my Illustrator class I finished my Mickey Mouse and he looks awesome.  I really love learning new software and figuring out the different ways to do a task.  

I signed up for Jessica Sprague’s The Art of Digital Design.  I’ve been working on my first digital kit. 

I also applied for Jessica’s Design Team, I didn't make the cut but I'm going to keep trying.

5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?

The Art of Digital Design Class

6.  What were my fitness/health accomplishments this month?

Started the Turbo Fire 20 week challenge.  Finished two weeks of the classes but I had to take a break, my knees were really starting to bother me.  I have to figure out a different plan.

Playing soccer once a week.

7. What were my accomplishments this month?

Finished my vector based Mickey Mouse.

8. What were my disappointments this month?

Been sick a lot. Just can not get rid of this head cold/allergies?

9. How did I do on my goals for the month?

Start meal planning again.
I actually made a meal plan but didn’t follow it because Ken had to go out of town two weeks in a row.

Work on weekly overall routine.
Been thinking about this but didn’t start writing anything down.

Start the Turbo Fire workouts and start running a few days a week.
Did two weeks of turbo fire until my knee started bothering me. Walked on treadmill the other times, when I wasn’t sick.


10. Anything else noteworthy to include?

Closed on our refinance for our home.
Need to get some wood replace on the outside of our house.

Goals for May (in no particular order):

Work out at least 5 days a week.
Work on weekly overall routine
Relax

4 comments:

  1. Your youngsters really keep you busy! It's easy for me to forget what that was like now that my youngest two are about to graduate high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a busy fun-filled month Monica! How exciting that you are working on your first digital kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's been a busy but fun month....I have just finished reading 'The Hunger games'- loved it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel I get to know you more through your monthly round round up. Goodness you've been busy

    ReplyDelete