Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer Manifesto

Summer is fast approaching here.  The boys only have a few more weeks of school and then we have the long, humid days of Michigan.

Yesterday Ali Edwards posted her summer manifesto and it got me thinking of what we will be doing this summer. I came across this list we had last summer on the refrigerator.  The boys and I made the list on the first day of summer break and then if we were bored we could pick something from the list to do. As you can see, we made pretty good progress on the list.


I remember being so happy at the end of the summer with how many items we crossed off the list. I really like the idea of a summer manifesto so I thought it would be fun to do that instead of the list this year.

Our Summer Manifesto 2012
  • spend one hour outside everyday
  • read five books together
  • ride bikes weekly
  • go strawberry picking and make jam
  • go to drive-in movie
  • have 2 BBQ with friends
  • eat outside often
  • plan at least 5 kids choice days 
  • wonder and play
When I asked the boys if we should add something else they all said "play video games".

I'm sure there will be lots of that, but as long as it's balanced with some fresh air and sunshine that's just fine with me.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! We did something similar last summer too, and I was planning to make a list for this year as well. My boys had their last day of school yesterday, so I think tonight will be a great time to sit down and make our list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it will be a fun summer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I need to add reading to mine. Good call! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy them all!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete