Monday, June 4, 2012

Round Up Time


It's round up time again.  It was another extremely busy month with lots of end of the school year activity. 

1. What types of media did I enjoy this month?

Took Logan & Kyle to see Lorax.

Reading: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward, A Treasure Worth Seeking by Sandra Brown

Watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 & 2, How to Train your Dragon

Movie: What to expect when your Expecting

2. What did my kids do/learn this month?

William had 5th grade health video at school.
William moved up a level in swimming.

Kyle had field trip to Detroit Zoo. Learned about the different habitats of the animals.

Logan had field trip to Upland Hills Farm.

The boys had their classroom music concerts at school.

Kyle & Logan had a music recital for piano and violin.  This was Logan’s first recital.




Went on 5th grade field trip to Greenfield Village.



Kyle had last soccer game of session. He decided not to play next session.





 William had orthodontist appointment.  We need to go to Oral Surgeon to get a “shadow” on his x-ray checked out.  Everything is fine.

3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

Went to Upland Hills Farm for 1st grade field trip.
Celebrated Father-in-laws birthday. Went out to dinner and baked a carrot cake.
Ken took Kyle & William to see Avengers
Had coffee with my friend Michelle.
Went to the DIA for Mother’s Day. Saw puppet show. Drew pictures in the gallery and enjoyed walking around looking at the art.


Took boys to Family Swim Time at their swim school.
Took Logan & Kyle on 1.25 mile hike at Stony Creek.


Spread mulch in flower beds. (family project)


Had my Aunt and brother over for Memorial Day BBQ.
Went to Volunteer Movie Night at our school. Had a great time and won a $20 Gift Card to Target…Always Awesome!

Not real fun, but had a garage sale.

4. What creative things have I done this month?

Created a flyer for 3rd grade end of the year party.
Cleaned and organized my craft supplies.
Finished my Kit for Art of Digital Design Class.
Entered the Designer Discovery Contest at Jessica Sprague with my Treasure Yesterday Kit.
Reworking my In-Design Class – Started working on brochure for company.
Put together the 1st grade raffle basket to the end of the year carnival.


Finished another semester of school with a 4.0. 

My Final drawing for my Illustration Fundamentals Class

Did 5 layouts this month!

5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?

I received a new point and shoot camera for mother’s Day. An Olympus Tough TG-820.



Had to get wood replaced around some of the windows.

Purchased glasses for Logan.  He looks so cute!


6.  What were my fitness/health accomplishments this month?

Had scan done at Chiropractic’s office.  Was interesting to see what the results were but it’s still a lot of guess work. According to the scan my body is very well balanced.

Played soccer each week with friends.

Started Julian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Finished level 1.

7. What were my accomplishments this month?

Working out daily again. Really enjoying the 30 day shred because it’s only 20 minutes, but not easy.

Entered a design contest.

8. What were my disappointments this month?

Still not running. I just haven’t been in the mood.

9. How did I do on my goals for the month?

Work out at least 5 days a week: Doing that.
Work on weekly overall routine: Didn’t work on this. Our schedule is going to change in two weeks when school is over. I’m going to get a plan together for that time.
Relax – Not doing great with this. I’m trying to get to bed by 10 and I’m doing that 3-4 nights a week. Need to get that up to 7.

10. Anything else noteworthy to include?

Goals for June (in no particular order):

Finish brochure for office.
Get Weekly Routine figured out.
Finish 30 Day Shred.

3 comments:

  1. Am exhausted after reading that...you HAVE been busy!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it was a busy month! Congrats on the 4.0!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your round-up! You should be especially proud of that GPA you're getting. :) You deserve a badge!

    ReplyDelete