Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ten on 10


I've decided to share ten items that I have on my Amazon Wish List this month for the Ten on the 10th blog share over at Shimelle.

I've been saving up some of my "play" money and I'm trying to decide what books to get from my wish list.  So I figured if I put them in a blog post and looked at them all together than maybe I could make up my mind.  Here are 10 of the books, out of the 50+ on my list, in no particular order.

1.  Vector Basic Training
Vector Basic Training: A Systematic Creative Process for Building Precision Vector Artwork (Voices That Matter)



 2. Steal Like an Artist

Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative

 3. Imagine: How Creativity Works

Imagine: How Creativity Works

4.  Jewels of the Sun
Jewels of the Sun: The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy #1

 5. Divergent

Divergent

6. Cleaning House: A Mom's 12-Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement
Cleaning House: A Mom's Twelve-Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement

7.  I thought it was Just Me: Making the Journey from "What Will People Think?" to "I Am Enough".
I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn't): Making the Journey from "What Will People Think?" to "I Am Enough"

8.  Room
Room: A Novel

9.  Shiver







Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls)

10.  Logo Design Love
Logo Design Love: A Guide to Creating Iconic Brand Identities


Have you read any of these books?  Can you recommend a different one? I really need a few good summer reads for a long road trip I will be taking soon.

13 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these - but now I've added several to my to-read list! Have you checked out Goodreads.com? It's like a social media site but for books - you create your lists of books to-read, currently-reading, and read and you can rate/review them - and connect with friends (I'm on there as Lissa or CraftyLissa, I can't remember) to see what they're reading too. It links up to Amazon and the other sites for you to purchase books too. It's one of my favorite sites and it helps me get a big sense of accomplishment for all the books I read. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have Good Reads and really like it. I tried looking you up but there are several Lissa, so I'm not sure which one you would be.

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea for a 10 on the 10th! I have not read any of them but I am going to look up some of them at my library! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brene Brown's book is great - I highly recommend it! If you end up getting "Steal Like An Artist" I'd love to hear your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Room is really good! I enjoy goodreads, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading Steal Like An Artist. Short, easy read. Along the same lines, I can recommend The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, interesting. I've added the 'cleaning house' book to my wishlist! If you like Young Adult fantasy type books, I recommend 'Graceling' and it's sequel 'Fire', I love those books. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh, I just found some new titles to put on my TBR list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for visiting my blog! I have the Imagine book and want to start it soon. The Brene Brown book looks great, but I have not read any of her books yet. I recently finished "Let's Pretend This Never Happended" by Jenny Lawson. The book made me laugh out loud, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Divergent is on my list and I think I'll add logo Design Love, thanks! I actually just read Pride and prejudice for the first time! I am trying to read through some classics this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow awesome graphics!I really like your creative work keep it up..business logo design

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am I too late? Did you already take your road trip? I just pinned the Brene Brown book to my "books to read" page. Love her. I recommend The Language of Flowers by V. Diffenbach. That is a recent favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete