Monday, August 6, 2012

Monthly Recap

I'm a little late on my round-up for the month and it's going to be a quick one. Most of the month we were on vacation. We took a long road trip out west. I'm not going to say much about it here in the round-up, but I will have more post about the trip coming up once I get the photos uploaded which should be this weekend.

So on with the round up!

1. What types of media did I enjoy this month?

 Watched the movie Brave and Avengers at the drive-in.

 Re-read Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows

Read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, A Scattered Life by Karen McQuestion, Mindset for Moms by Jamie Martin, Switched, Torn and Ascend (Trylee Trilogy) by Amanda Hocking Most of these books were read on the car ride.

P.S. Thank to everyone that gave me book suggestions. I've added them to my list of need to read. You might notice that none of the books I read were on my list that I posted. I decided I need to read books that I already have that were waiting for me to pick them up.

2. What did my kids do/learn this month?

The boys had some play dates this month and they all continued their swimming lessons. My two youngest are still taking music lesson but we had a few weeks off for our vacation.

 3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

We celebrated 4th of July with three other families and had a wonderful time watching all the wonderful fireworks. The laws in Michigan changed regarding the purchase of fireworks, so everyone went crazy this year. The street firework shows were much bigger and louder.

We also had a lovely time at one of our friends homes. They invited us and two other families over for drinks and to let the kids to play. It so comforting to have friends that our family friends. Everyone gets along great - the moms, dads and kids.

 I also got to enjoy a nice dinner with my friends from high school. Our get together are always something I look forward to doing.

Our big fun this month was our trip out west.

4. What creative things have I done this month? I did five layouts, lots of cards and some Harry Potter posters. Here's a few of the layouts I finished:


5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?

My big purchase this month was my classes for the Fall semester. I'm registered for two classes: Advanced Photoshop and After Effects. Really looking forward to learning more about Photoshop and learning what after effects is all about.

 6. What were my fitness/health accomplishments this month?

My fitness was good and bad this month. It started our strong with me going to boot camp, running a little again and playing soccer. On our vacation, I didn't do any "exercise" but we did lots of walking, hiking and swimming.

7. What were my accomplishments this month?

My biggest accomplishment this month was surviving being in the car for days. I have a hard time sitting still for a long time so it was hard especially on the way home.

8. What were my disappointments this month?

When we got back from our vacation my husband went in the basement to make sure everything was fine. He noticed that the freezer door was opening a little. We lost everything in that freezer. I guess it was fates way of telling me I procrastinated too long about cleaning that freezer out.

9. How did I do on my goals for the month?

 Finish brochure for office. –Final got information about what is needed. Will start work on it when we return from vacation.

Try to get Illustrator project done before new term starts. –Talked with professor via email to get help with project. I still have lots to do to get it right. I don’t think I will get this done anytime soon. But will keep working on it when I have time.

Go through last years school papers and scan in the ones I want to keep and recycle everything else. - Finished

10. Anything else noteworthy to include?
We found out we will be getting a new principal at the boys school this year. I'm excited for the change but I'm a little nervous too, because I don't know how she handles food allergies and I will not know until I met with her right before school starts.

Goals for August (in no particular order): Get School Shopping done. Clean and Purge Closet Downstairs. Look into new budget software.

I hope your month was happy and healthy.

2 comments:

  1. It must be the time of year - I haven't gotten my month in number completed for last month yet, so it will be late, too. Nice layouts - I love all the happy colors in that first one & the large phote on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you getting your monthly round-up done! I'm still working on mine but hope to have it finished up by this weekend.

    ReplyDelete