Wednesday, August 1, 2012

One Little Word Blog Hop

It's that time again for the One Little Word Blog Hop.  Welcome back!

This months prompt is always fun - the music of your life.  I usually only listen to music when I'm driving or running.  I like it quiet when I work or I'll have classical music - nothing with words.  I find it distracting when I'm trying to think.  Even though I don't listen to it much, I do love music.  I really should have it on more because it does life my spirits.

Last year when I did this prompt the lyrics came easy to me.  This year I really had to think about the songs I listen to lately.  After listen and reading the lyrics to many of the songs I listen to lately, I realized that many of them were negative. But I kept listen to my play list and was really happy with the lyrics that spoke to me.

I keep the design of my cards very simple. Black background. White text. Two fonts. Some swirls. A little glitter spray.  Here's the cards before I cut them out.



I case this is hard to read here are the songs that I picked.

John Lennon - Image: You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one

Katy Perry - Wide Awake: I wish I knew then what I know now. Wouldn't dive in. Wouldn't bow down.

Muse - Survival: Race, life's a race and I am gonna win. Yes, I am gonna win.

Robbie Schaefer - Fits Right In: She said...I like to be myself.

Coldplay - Yellow: Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you.

Blue October - Jump Rope: You gotta hold your head up high and watch all the negative go by.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe: I threw a wish in the well.

Katy Perry - Part of Me: Now look at me I'm sparkling.

Kelly Clarkson - Stronger: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Thanks for stopping by....  The next stop on the blog hop is over atRuth's

If you get lost Margie has the blog hop list posted here.

11 comments:

  1. I like the clean graphic look of these + a bit of glitter spray is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your play list - love the simplicity of these cards - great font choices and LOVE the swirls! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. What script font did you use? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT list and I really like the design of your cards! So glad you're on the hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you've done your cards..and I recognise a few of your choices!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, love the songs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh those are some beautiful cards. wonderful song choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - so beautiful! Love these and love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, Monica! I just love the black and white with the glitter. I appreciate that you put the words below too. Such a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a few new to me songs in there ~ your cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete