Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Vacation by the Numbers

I was inspired by the monthly layouts that Melissa over at Daily Life - Bits & Pieces does every month. I think it's such a fun way to capture the month.  I know myself pretty well and knew I would never keep up with the monthly numbers, but I knew it would be perfect for our summer trip.

We had a grand adventure in July. A car trip out west. We were able to see so many wonderful places that this great land offers and do many new activities.


First Photo from Trip
 
I will be posting more about our trip, but for now here are the numbers:

Days on Vacation : 16
States we were in during our Vacation: 13
National Parks and Monuments experienced: 9
Miles Traveled: 4,886
Hottest Day during Vacation: 104
Highest Point we crossed: 10,603 Vail Pass
Times we ate fast food: 7
Books Read by me: 7.5
Magazines Read by me: 2
U.S. License Plates spotted: 37 out of 50
Different animals seen: 13
Photos Taken: 1,712

Last Photo from Trip

5 comments:

  1. That is a LOT of miles Monica! I hate traveling by car and don't think I'd have made it through day 2 of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute way to document your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of numbers!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the numbers, we did cross country and northeast into Canada trips with our boys, wouldn't trade them for the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 13 states - sounds like our kind of trip!!!

    Thanks so much for the link today. The last couple of weeks have been so busy, I haven't had much creative time & still need to do my July Month in Numbers. It totally made my day to see that my posts sparked some inspiration for you - great idea to use the numbers for the trip. (I, as usual, got the idea from other bloggers - love that about blogland - ideas spreading around the globe.)

    ReplyDelete