Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Using bits and pieces

I've been spending as much time as I can trying to clean and organize my crafting area. I use to be a huge collector of everything that was new. At one time I was getting 5 different monthly kits, plus visiting my local scrapbook store at least once a week. 

I was out of control.

I loved opening up my packages and looking at all the new, shiny items. Then I would put them back into the boxes they came in and put them on a shelf.  I realized I was using these items to bring me happiness, but it really wasn't.  So a few years ago I started cleaning house. I had over 2 years of kits in my closet that needed sorting and I had a room full of odds and ends that was just cluttering up my room and my mind. I still have a few cabinets to go through but I've made a huge dent in my supplies.

I have several large boxes of items that I'm going to sell/donate this year. At the end of the year they will all be gone one way or the other.

During this long cleaning project I was discovering some items that I purchased that I really wanted to try.  I put a small box out and would put these items into the box.  When I had some time to be creative I would grab one of the items to play around with and see if I wanted to keep them or put them in the donate box.

The first item I decided to play with was Flower Soft. I purchased this last year at the Michigan Mega Meet.  It's pretty messy, like glitter.  It gets everywhere, but I really like the texture it adds to an image. Here is a set of cards I made with the Flower Soft products.






I just love the little porcupines!  I think I will keep this product to do a set of Christmas Card Fronts that I purchased and then I will make the final decision on if it stays or goes.

2 comments:

  1. The cards are adorable, but far more important is the idea that you are making informed decisions about what brings you happiness! kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - those are adorable! And I totally understand the hoarding problem we can have as scrapbookers. :)

    ReplyDelete