Thursday, October 4, 2012

Monthly Round Up

Opps, I blinked. Where did September go? The beginning of the school year is always such a busy time. Everyone is getting back to their routines or at least trying to figure out what those routines will be. We also celebrate two big birthday's in our family. So September always seems to move fast.

Day by Day view of the month:

1. Had tea party with my Little Guy.
2. Nature Art
3. Nature Walk
4. First Day of School
5. My School Supplies
6. Homemade Card
7. Apple Store Bag
8. Washing Dish
9. Wrapping Paper
10. Practicing Violin
11. Lost Tooth
12. Working on Tutorials for School
13. Happy Birthday Dinner.
14. Birthday Legos
15. Birthday Cake
16. Football Season
17. Working on Cleaning Schedule
18. Spring Pad Recipe File
19. Working on Design Ad for School
20. Current Read
21. Birthday Lunch
22. Waffles
23. Laundry
24. Lego Robotics
25. New Clothes
26. Coffee Pods
27. First Run in months
28. Looking for new Dishwasher
29. First Course of 5 course meal
30. New Favorite - Overnight Oatmeal


What types of media did I enjoy this month?

Books read: Blood Brothers, the Hallow and The Pagan Stone Nora Roberts; Imagine:How Creativity Works by Jonah Lehrer; Simplicity Parenting by Lisa M. Ross; One Bite at a Time by Tsh Oxenreider, Night Road by Kristin Hannah

Kristin Hannah is a new author to me and I have to say I just loved this book. I plan on read more from her.


What did my kids do/learn this month?

The big event was the start of school. Each of the boys love their teachers and had several good friends in their class. Our new principal is amazing and I think this is going to be one terrific school year.  This is also a big year because it's my oldest last year in elementary school.



Football season started. My oldest is on the Broncos this year. The best part of this year season is that my husband started to coach.  He is such a football fanatic and is great with the kids.

 



 Another fun event that takes up lots of our time is Lego Robotics.  This will be the second year that I'm the Robot coach for our school.  My two oldest are on the team this year.  I'm really excited because I have a great group of kids to work with and everyone seems super excited to work on this years theme.


What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

Both my oldest and youngest celebrated birthdays.  Number 11 and 7. Where does the time go? We had just one family party and the cake was a special request - Homemade Strawberry Cake with Homemade Strawberry Icing and Chocolate Mousse in the middle.  It was fabulous!! 


My oldest was super excited when he opened up his Ipod touch.  He has been wanting one for a few years and we finally caved  decided to give him one.  It was so worth his reaction. When he realized what it was he jumped up and ran over to me. I received the biggest hug and the most sincere thank you I can remember. 
  

The kids were not the only ones that had fun this month. Ken and I had two date nights this month.  The first was an over night one because his parents took the boys for a sleep over. The second was a wonderful 5 course meal that a friend arranged with a Chef friend of his.  The meal was specially made for us and it was beyond delicious. Here's a photo of the last course, it was shared between two people and was so wonderful.


 
What creative things have I done this month?

Most of my creative time has been devoted to my school work.  I've been working hard on a three month magazine advertising assignment in Photoshop and Illustrator.  


I've also been learning AfterEffects and making some fun movies.  Here's one of my assignments.





What special or unusual purchases did I make? 

I've been without a dishwasher for the month. I'm actually sitting here while the new one gets installed. I'm so ready to stop washing all my dishes by hand.  I noticed this has effected our eating habits because I'm trying to not dirty any dishes.  I'm also getting a new wash machine, which is equally exciting and much needed.




Other news worth sharing

My youngest lost his first tooth.  Always a big deal, especially when it happens at school.



 
How did I do on my goals for the month?

Get an area set up for Project Life.  I decided to take the plunge next year and I want to get everything set up now.  I purchased a digi kit and the paper kit. I have some of the page protectors and signed up for the Becky Higgins class at Big Picture.

Get a meal plan together.  This has been put off again.  I’m focusing more on getting my cleaning routine in order first. I did complete my cleaning routine and I'm now trying to follow it.

Sign up for Yoga Class – Signed up at Up Dog Yoga and I love it.  Years ago I took Pilates and Yoga at Lifetime Fitness. I really loved the instructor I had. Her voice was the right combination of relaxing and motivating. When I left the gym I could never find anyone that would compare to her and I just stopped doing Yoga. 
When I walked into the studio I was surprise to see my old instructor there. She teaches at this studio and for the class I plan on attending. I was so happy because it felt like a sign that I was doing the right thing at the right time.


Goals for October (in no particular order):

Start using my cleaning plan.

Run 5K on October 28th

Make some Halloween decorations (at least one)

8 comments:

  1. I've also signed up for the Project Real Life class at BPC. Still debating if I'm actually going to plunge into the "project" or not. Haven't had a chance to view the Day 1 videos yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the audible version of 'Night Road' for my Kindle, but the narrator is just so bad that I am going to have to buy the actual book- I can't listen to her voice again! I have read a few KH books and usually really enjoy them!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get the book, it was such a wonderful read.

      Delete
  3. What fun, love how you captured everything! Night Road was a great read. So excited to hear you are jumping on board with PL...I think you will love it since you are already focused on that with 365! I didn't sign up for her class. As much as I really want to, I've just enough things going right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you for getting this done! I think my goals for next month are the same as yours. We just got moved in a week ago tomorrow, so I'm still trying to unpack boxes and figure out where to put everything while working and getting the boys adjusted to their new school. I know I'll get there though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't envy you with the move, it's so hard to get everything out of boxes. But it's a great way to get rid of things and organize. ;)

      Delete
  5. I read Night Road last year & had a hard time putting it down once I got into the story. Imagine: How Creativity Works was an interesting read - it was disappointing to hear about the false information in it & the book being pulled from shelves.

    I would like a big slice of that strawberry & chocolate cake please! :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the middle of Imagine when I heard about the false information. I still enjoyed the book and really liked the stories about Pixar and other companies.

      Delete