Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year Focus

Last 8 seconds of 2012
With the boys back to school I'm trying to get into a "normal" routine.  I've been thinking about what I want that "normal" to be and figured out some basic goals for the year to help me keep focused.


Creative:
 First off I'm not signing up for any on-line classes. I get hooked by the excitement of a new class but I hardly ever finish the class.  I made a list of classes I signed up for and haven't finished and I plan on working of those classes if and when I have time.

I am going to try to do my version of project life. I'm not worried about doing a layout a week or getting a picture each day. I just want to have an album to put our everyday activities and adventures. I'm not sure what this will turn out to be but I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I want to keep my blog going so I plan on posting at least once a week.

Health:
I signed up to do 13 in 2013 over at Jill's blog. This is a little crazy for me. I haven't been running much and I'm hoping this challenge will get me moving again. So my plan is to run 13 5K this year.  I'm looking into some of the fun runs that are popping up to make it more interesting for me.

I also set a goal for myself for this month to run/walk at least 7 miles per week. Do a 1 minute plank each day and 15 military push-ups each day.  Next month, I'll change this around.

Family:
Get out of debt.  My husband and I sat down and looked at all our expenses and made some hard decision on what to cut out of our life for now. We want to be completely out of debt by year end and to start living without going back in debt.  To help us with this goal we did sign up for Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. We start this in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to seeing what type of advice Dave's program has to give.

Go on dates with my husband and my kids.  I want to plan a monthly date with each of my guys. My husband and I started doing this last year and we want to try to go more often. I have never done a date day with my boys and I feel that I need to make the time to keep connected to them.

So that's the plan.  What's your number one "goal" for 2013?

3 comments:

  1. Love your goals - I need to do this too. I'm doing Project Life again but I'm doing the same as you - not being rigid with it. I'm also working through classes I've already paid for, but I have to say I know I'll be taking more. It's just a weakness for me! Good luck on your goals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals Monica! I've decided not to sign up for any new classes (at least for the first half of the year) so that I can re-work and complete some of the classes I've already taken. My only real goal/resolution this year is to work on healthy living - eating well, exercising regularly & being moe active.

    I've co-lead the Financial Peace University course before & it is a great system for getting out of debt. We've been debt-free for years (with the exception of our home) and it is so freeing. Best of luck with your goals for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! It is fun popping over to see what you are up to. I have set up some goals and intentions myself (I blogged about it in case you are interested). I love to see what you have come up with that will work for you. So important! Such great goals. Good luck with 13 in 13. I hope to run a few 5k Fun Runs myself. The next one I know about in our community is July 4 but I hope I can find one well before then.

    ReplyDelete