Tuesday, February 5, 2013

13 in 2013


I'm trying to get back into my fitness mojo.  I lost it sometime last year. I'm still doing something on most days, but not to any intensity or fulfillment. I figured I needed something to push me and get my running shoes on again.

That is when Jill decided to host a 13 in 2013 race series.  You can run any distance you want, 5K, 10K, half marathon or marathon, it's up to you.  I'm choosing the 5K for all of my races.

Right now I'm having a difficult time. It's the middle of winter in Michigan. That means cold, windy and wet. I don't what to run in that.  I know you can, I'm just not to that point of dedication. So I get on my treadmill with not much excitement.
Register Button

Jill is also hosting a series of virtual race to help you complete your goals.  The first one was this week, so I laced up my shoes, plugged in the tunes and started moving. I'll admit, I had to walk some. It's been too long not running to just jump full guns into it. But even with the walking I did I was able to complete my first 5K this year at 41:21.

The next virtual race is in March. I'm also looking at a local race that is new called the Lucky Leprechaun 5K.  There are a few other "crazy" races I'm looking at like the Foam Run, Run for your Life and the Warrior Dash. I did the Muddy Buddy a few years ago and had so much fun that I'm sure these would be motivating and so enjoyable.

Have you done any of the "fun" races? Which ones do you recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment