Friday, August 16, 2013

Affirmations

I recently started saying affirmations to myself almost every morning. I've always read about the power of positive talk when trying to change and I thought I would give it a try.

I can be pretty pessimistic about things and I get frustrated with myself when I look on the dark side of life. So I thought one way to combat this is to talk nicer to myself.

Every morning for the past month, I've been looking myself in the eye and saying out loud "You are beautiful. You are creative. You are worthy of love." This might seem strange but these are the areas I tend to struggle with when I'm feeling down.

The results: On the days that I've done this I seem to have a more positive attitude.

I'm still a pessimist, but when I start my day in a positive way I tend to be happier. I'm going to keep working at it because I noticed as time goes on I believe the words, not just say them.

Do you have any affirmations?  If not, here's my affirmation for you.

Hand Lettering by Monica Bergler

1 comment:

  1. I have to remind myself often that I am creative!

    ReplyDelete