Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back to School for Mommy

It's back to school time around here.



I've always (mostly) enjoyed school. If I could I would go all my life. There are so many things I don't know that I want to know and not enough time.

So this time of year is always exciting for me. I started my new classes on Tuesday and both of them sound like they will be fun and challenging. I have a wonderful instructor (the same one for both classes). He is someone I respect and value his opinion greatly. I know I will learn a great deal this semester.

As for my kids, they go back to school after labor day. I think they are a little excited but very nervous at the same time.

My oldest starts middle school this year. Big changes. He's not big on the unknown and gets nervous. We went yesterday to get his schedule, locker and turn in all the forms. It's was crazy but we got done in about an hour. He doesn't know if any of his friends are in the same classes and he is very quiet and shy so it takes him  awhile to make new friends. I'm sure after a week he will feel better and more confident. I just wish I knew how to help him relax and just enjoy the ride.

I'm nervous too. This is the largest group of 7th graders our school ever had, over 420 kids, just in 7th grade.  I think my graduating class was only about 550. I'm trying not to let my anxiety show but it's hard. I'm also excited for him. I met my best friends, that I still see, in Junior High.

As for my other two, we will find out their teachers next week and see who will be in their classrooms.  They are excited to see the list but they are not happy about the "school rules" that will be happen in our house soon. (i.e. no video games M-Th, early bed time)

Now mom just needs to finish the school shopping and start planning lunches and then maybe I can relax for a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! I'm having anxiety for my boys too. It's hard to let them go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go to school all my life, too. I've always enjoyed school - as a student and as a teacher. I'm not teaching school this year, but I will start leading a Bible study again in September (which I'm studying for now) and have been teaching two new teenage friends to scrapbook - fun! Enjoy your semester!

    ReplyDelete