Friday, August 23, 2013

My go to inspiration....

Harry Potter!

I can always find something inspiring to create when I think of these stories.  I've been working on getting to know Illustrator better and took a class at SkillShare called Basic Geometric Shapes. The goal was to create badges using only Geometric shapes and the tools in Illustrator.

I struggled with what type of badges to make and then I thought about Harry Potter. I thought about Diagon Alley and all the shops.  These shops might need some banners to advertise, so I started making some sketches and going to work.







These were so fun to create and it's amazing what you can make with basic shapes and the pathfinder tools in Illustrator. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - you know I love Harry Potter! These are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous - my favorites are Olivander's and Gringott's!

    ReplyDelete