Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Travel the World

I signed up for Ali Edwards Hello Story class over at Big Picture Classes. I told myself I was NOT going to sign up for any classes this year. I'm too busy and I still have so many classes that I haven't finished.

But this was Ali!

I love Ali. I love her style. I love her stories. And I love that she makes me think of stories that I might not have thought important enough to document.

When I signed up I knew I would not keep up, but that I would work at my own pace and do at least one layout for each week of the 12 week class.

The first week was based on time lines and using them to document a story.  I love any type of graph so this really interest me. After watching her videos and letting the idea sit for a week or two, I had an idea to document the places I've been. This probably happened because I was working on a vacation album.

I went to my Lightroom catalog and looked at all the vacation I have key worded and that gave me a good starting point. Then I brainstormed by myself to get most of my childhood travels and then my lovely Husband helped fill in more times and dates - he has a great memory for dates.

I was shocked by my list. I didn't really realize how well traveled I was until I saw it all in one place.  Here is the layout that I ended up doing documenting my travels.


I would love to do one for my Husband. He travels quite a bit for work so I would need to do a world map for him. 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it! My goodness you are a Disney and Vegas girl :) We each have a goal of visiting all 50 states before we die so each family member has a map similar to yours that we color in the states we've visited. I have 6 to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go to all 50 states. I had a History Teacher in High school that did and he just had the most amazing stories! I go to Vegas alot because of my in-laws, but Disney is just an obsession!

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic! I've only looked at the week one material in Hello Story, but haven't spent much time on it otherwise. It'll be great to work through this fall, I guess!

    Where did you get the US map? I would love that image for a layout idea I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done any of the other Hello Story weeks either. For the map I just did a google search for US Maps and found that one.

      Delete