Friday, September 6, 2013

Wisdom from a 10 year old.

During a dinner conversation one night, we were trying to encourage our youngest child to learn to ride his bike without training wheels.  

He was afraid of falling, which is natural.

We kept telling him that sometime you have to fall down to learn. That everything takes practice to become good at it. Then I said Failure leads to Success, because I had just read that somewhere.

My oldest looked at me and very seriously said "not if you are skydiving".

I have to admit, this is very true.

It reminded me of those anti-motivational posters that I've seen and it still makes me laugh.



2 comments:

  1. Well, it's certainly a valid point!

    Hope the bike riding is going well - I'm the "official" teacher of bike riding without training wheels in my family. My sister sends her kids here & I teach them. I taught the twins a couple of years ago - quite a different experience than one at a time! LOL

    ReplyDelete