Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Crafting Corner

One of the things I'm trying to start back up this year is spending time creating for fun. I miss scrapbooking and making cards. Those activities always seem to fall to the bottom of my very long to do list.

I've been having fun learning how to use my copic markers and I'm looking forward to creating some fun cards with the images.

Here is one that I did find time to complete. I love the image of the girl holding a cup of coffee. Since it's been below freezing for over a week, I usually have a cup in my hand. I also got a new stencil and some dies from Simon Says Stamp and wanted to play with my new toys.



I used textured paste with the Falling Snow stencil from Simon Says Stamps for the snowy background and the snow mounds where made with the Stitched Hillside Borders die from Lawn Fawn. The sentiment was from a My Favorite Things set called Perk Up. I printed the image from Saturated Canary and used copic markers. I added some stickles glitter to some of the snow to give it some sparkle and some distressing ink around the edges to give it some depth.


3 comments:

  1. She's adorable and you did a great job coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this turned out lovely! Looks like you're doing a great job with those Copics!

    ReplyDelete