Saturday, May 16, 2015

Big Day

Yesterday was a huge day for me.  I graduated from college (again)!

Even though this is not my first degree, this one meant the most to me. It fulfilled a dream I had when I was a child — I wanted to be an artist. Now I have the degree that says I have an Associates in Media Arts.

To make the night even more amazing, I was selected from the hundreds of graduates to be the Most Distinguished Graduate. During the commencement ceremony I gave a speech to my fellow graduates.  I was so happy that two of my professors were there to give me courage and support, like they had through out my career at Macomb Community College.


I was so happy with my speech and I was surprised that I wasn't that nervous. I was on cloud nine when some fellow graduates and audience members came up to me after and told me they really enjoyed my speech. It was an unforgettable night.

Here is the youtube video of my speech. My camera operator had a technical issue during the speech so part of one line is cut off, but the rest is perfect.


Now I might have more time to get on my blog on a regular bases and start doing more scrapbooking and card making.  But first on my list of To Dos is to get my house clean again...I've been slacking the last few weeks with final projects and working on my speech. :)


3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Monica! What an awesome achievement! Great speech - makes me want to go out and Dare Greatly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa. I definitely is something I will always remember.

      Delete

  2. BRAVO and congratulations, Monica!!!!

    ReplyDelete