Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day is a big day of remembering for me.  I lost my Dad over 16 years ago from Alzheimer's disease.  Today I will spend some time going through the scrapbook I made so that my children would know my Dad. I will spend time remember many of the fun and everyday things we would do together. I will feel sad that he can not be here with us so I can give him a hug and tell him thank you.

Today is also a day to celebrate. Our celebration will not be that grand. My husband is out of town for work so we will be postponing our celebration until he returns.


I did send a card to my father-in-law wishing him a happy Father's Day. He's a wonderful man and always very helpful with advice and support when we need it. They live on the other side of the U.S. so we don't get to see them often, but they come out for visits at least 3 times a year.

Happy Father's Day!


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea to have made an album so that your children will know about their grandad...my dad's grandchildren have been very blessed to have had time to know and love him xx

    ReplyDelete