Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Boy Cards

 Having three boys, I never have enough boy cards. I find that creating cards for boys, especially pre-teen/teenage boys can be very, very difficult.

Both of these great boy images are from Saturated Canary. Yes, I had some fun on her web site one day and I'm just getting around to using the images (hint: there are more to come.)


The paper I used for these cards is from Echo Park and is call All About a Boy. Something I had in my stash for awhile.  When we still had local scrapbook stores around here I loved to go in a look, I would usually end up with an arm full of items and if I say anything that was boy related I would buy it. Over time I've gotten quite a large selection of boy items.  I miss the local stores because I just find it more satisfying to see and touch the item instead of just looking on a screen.


For this card I actually only used the upper part of the image. I can not remember the actual name for this image but the png was called Give Big Boy. Once again I used my Copic markers to color the image and used the Perfect Pearls Mist to add some shine.


I really love this image called Gamer. My boys all love video games and Star Wars so I felt this was a must have. The game on were some basic grey chipboard letters I've had for a long time.


1 comment:

  1. Great cards - I like the image with the light sabers in the background, very cool! I, too, like to wander around a store & see the actual items. Luckily, we still have our (not-so) local scrapbook store an hour & half away.

    ReplyDelete