Friday, August 14, 2015

Photograph Scavenger Hunt

Many of the bloggers I follow like to participate in Rinda's photo scavenger hunts.  I always enjoy seeing how everyone captures the different prompts, so I thought I would join in with the summer hunt.

We had a special summer trip planned to Europe. We were taking my mother back to her home town for a visit.  It's been close to 20 years since she has been to Germany to see her friends and family. She turned 78 this year and we thought it would be a good item for her to visit one more time.

This photo is not on the hunt but was a favorite from my trip. This is my Mom, her brother and sister-in-law and me and my family.


I asked my boys to help me with the hunt when we went to Europe for our summer vacation. We had a good time getting many of these photos and I have to admit being on vacation helped capture these items.


Item #3 Person walking an animal. We had several photos of people walking their dogs.


Item #2 Ornate door knocker. Not sure about the knocker but this door was so ornate that I figured that was close enough.


Item #22 People eating Outside. Since we were in Europe during a major heat wave this was very easy to find. No one wanted to be inside since there was no air conditioning in the hotel.


Item #7 Turtle. One of the many toy shops we visited and found this wonderful turtle.


Item #8 Someone "plugged in" to social media.  This is one of my favorite photos from our trip. We were taking a walking tour of Rothenburg ab der Taub and these guy was so plugged in he didn't notice when our tour guide stood on the bench and a crowd of 100+ people stood in front of him. When he finally realized, he just smiled and went back to his devices.


Item #15 Flag pole with a least three flags.  This was the closes we could get to this item.

Item #11 Satellite Dish. As we walked along the mid evil town wall we noticed these satellite dishes. Love the old and the new living together.


Item #5 Architectural columns.  Just gorgeous, what else can I say about this building in Munich.


Item #1 Bouquet of flowers.  I gave my Aunt the bouquet of flowers on the table. The last time I saw my Aunt was almost 16 years ago and I saw my Uncle when I was a teenager. It was so special to see them again.



Item #17 At least two people wearing matching outfits. One of my boys noticed these gentlemen and captured the photo for me.


Item #10 College or University.  We happen to notice the beautiful painting as we were walking and noticed that this was the side of the University in Munich.


Item #20 A Natural Body of Water. Very cold but refreshing after a long hike.



Item #16 Panoramic view, taken high. Again, this was an easy photo to capture in Europe. Up in the Alps looking down - Just amazing.


Item #23. Someone holding an umbrella. With temperatures over 100 I wasn't surprised to see this umbrella.


Item #12 Public Restroom. We saw some interesting restroom, I just felt weird taking a photo. But I did snap this one of the girls door.


Item #6 Metal Bridge.




Item # 13 Merry go Round.

17 Items out of 21 in one trip.  Not bad for our first time and we still have a few weeks before the end of summer.

3 comments:

  1. Your hunt tells a wonderful story og your trip. I enjoyed reading this very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job!! It looks like a great trip for your mom & your family!! How FUN that the boys were helping you out with the hunt. I always enjoy it when someone's along searching for the items on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m so glad you joined in and made it a family event! It makes my heart happy to read how this added to your very special trip, and I look forward to hearing how you come on finishing the hunt.
    There will be another linky at the end of August and one at the end of the Hunt.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete