Thursday, September 17, 2015

Hand Lettered ABCs.

You might have notice my creative focus has been changing over the years.  When I started this blog it was all about my scrapbooking pages, then I added some home made cards.  When I went back to school there would be some drawing and lettering.

Now that I'm done with school, I've been thinking about what I want to do. A full time job out of the house would not work during this stage in my life, so I need to find something I can do from home and with flexible hours.

I've decided to focus on my hand lettering and calligraphy and see if I can turn it into something. Like they say do what you love, and I love words!

That means you will be seeing more hand lettering and calligraphy on this blog, with some card making and other crafts when the mood and time strike.

I have been posting most of my work on Instagram.  Please follow me @SM3WKL to see all the latest.

The project I've been working on is a collection of hand lettered ABCs.  I did one page of each letter in different styles. It was interesting to see how many different ways I could find for one letter and now I have a wonderful reference book for future lettering projects. Here's a few examples of the pages. The whole collect is on Instagram or check out #ABCHandlettering for more inspiration.





1 comment: